Marian University College is currently offering programmes that specialize in the following professional areas: Science Education, Mathematics, Statistics, and Information Technology leading to the Certificates, Diplomas, and Bachelor's Degrees programmes. It also provides short courses, workshops/seminars, research, and consultancy.
In the academic year all programmes are conducted from Monday to Saturday of each week. However, lectures may be conducted on public holidays by mutual agreement between the course instructors and the students attending the course.
MARUCO will add more Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor and Postgraduate Programmes in the 2016/2017 academic year. However, the academic programmes to be offered in the academic year 2015/2016 are:
- English Language Proficient and Translation
- Basic Computer Skills and IT
- Certificate: One (1) Year Programme
Certificate: One (1) Year Programme
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Computer Science
- Certificate in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Diploma: Two (2) Years Programmes
- Diploma in Primary Education (Science)
- Diploma in Information Technology
Bachelor Degree: Three (3) Years Programmes
- Bachelor of Education in Science (BEd Sci.): with two teaching subjects majoring in Chemistry and Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics; Physics and Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics; Geography and Biology; Geography and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSc CS)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Statistics (BSc Maths &Stat)
Bachelor of Education in Science
This programme combines academic and professional training, and leads to a degree of Bachelor of Education in Science.
This three (3) year programme includes the study of two academic subjects together with professional subjects required for teacher's education. There is an emphasis on active participatory teaching methods, together with developing practical skills. All students take courses in communication skills, basic computer applications, development studies, social and professional ethics. Teaching practice forms an integral part of the programme.
Academic subjects offered are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Geography. The subject combinations include Chemistry and Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, Geography and Biology, Geography and Mathematics.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Statistics
The three (3) years programme is aimed at using mathematical and statistical knowledge and skills to solve societal problems.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The programmes are aimed at producing professionals and technicians who will work in areas which apply computer skills in information communication technology.
The degree programme is a three (3) years' programme.